Friday 12 November 2010

Ae Fond Kiss - Robert Burns Songs

Have now created the landing and thank you pages for the Ae Fond Kiss video - another video being given free of charge as an introductory offer for the album,. This song is being re-recorded especially for the "The Songs of Robert Burns" album.


It is likely that we will also do a parrallel landing page leading to a separate sales page on http://www.robertburnssongs.com/ as this search term actually shows more hits per month than The Songs of Robert Burns search term.


We had the piano retuned today ready for the first session of the album. Will be setting up the mikes and recorder tomorrow so that Christine may record when the right moment arrives.


Till tomorrow


John

Ae Fond Kiss lyrics:
Ae fond kiss, and then we sever;
Ae fareweel, alas, for ever!
Deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee,
Warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee.


Who shall say that Fortune grieves him,
While the star of hope she leaves him?
Me, nae cheerful twinkle lights me;
Dark despair around benights me.


I'll ne'er blame my partial fancy,
Naething could resist my Nancy:
But to see her was to love her;
Love but her, and love for ever.


Had we never lov'd sae kindly,
Had we never lov'd sae blindly,
Never met-or never parted,
We had ne'er been broken-hearted.


Fare-thee-weel, thou first and fairest!
Fare-thee-weel, thou best and dearest!
Thine be ilka joy and treasure,
Peace, Enjoyment, Love and Pleasure!


Ae fond kiss, and then we sever!
Ae fareweeli alas, for ever!
Deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee,
Warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment