Sunday 14 November 2010

Live Music with Robert Burns Songs

We played at a local venue last night to around 50 people. The songs they liked the best were the songs of Robert Burns.


We played Burns' "Ae Fond Kiss" - this is the opening number with The Sensational Christine Sparks :-) on strings and vocal.Christine uses the strings as bagpipe style drones - the effect is very powerful.  


We do a selection of songs from the "Songs from a Scottish Heart" album including the Burns song "My Love is Like a Red Red Rose".


We always finish with My Love is Like a Red Red Rose - just Christine's voice and dead silence from the audience - its is amazing to be part of it. I have to have all the lights on red to add to the feeling :-)


Caledonia went down a storm as well - we hit it on the button and the sound was just right. Again, you could have heard a pin drop and you could see the moist eyes reflecting from the stage lights.


As I write this, so I can hear |Christine putting down a piano part for Parcel of Rogues - piano tuned and sounding great - Christine's chord are stunning. Cant wait to do my bit!!


Sunny here, so I am of out to immerse myself in the Scottish countryside - more later.


Best wishes from Scotland


John

No comments:

Post a Comment